long time gone
i'm slouching towards the end of 07 tired and cranky and sick with a cold, but i'm trying to remain smiley. at least i am 48 hours away from a tropical getaway, so that's nice and should cheer me up, unless the portuguese man-o-wars or sharks are too active. i did read in 'men's health' (i purchased it for work purposes; believe me, i have no need to learn 27 new ways to pleasure a woman orally) that you should never pee in the ocean as sharks are attracted to bodily fluids. oops.
i have to be honest and tell you that i had a few personal and professional disappointments delivered in my stocking like so much coal this holiday season, so i'm smarting a little. that said, 07 was a banner year, and i feel ungrateful to kali or buddha or pele or hillary complaining, yet still i must.
so, in the hopes of making myself feel better and boring you to death, here are a few highlights from 07:
* i know i've said this before, but dogs will change your life. every minute you don't have one in your life is a minute that could be made better if only you had one. that said, i know circumstances don't allow everyone to surround themselves with furry friends (of the canine sort), but if they do, and you just haven't made the leap, i suggest you get thee to the nearest rescue and get one. lo-lo and jackson are the gifts that keep on giving, and that is saying a lot given the flatulence and leash agresssion we must constantly deal with. in 07, these two somehow grew even more adorable and special. and now you may commence vomiting.
* the mister and i -- though sometimes in danger of finding a pool and holding the other underwater for as long as possible -- had some good times, good friends, good travels and good fortune this year, so that was good. he's a keeper.
* my nephews are almost as awesome as my dogs. almost.
* l.a. finally got some rain. woot woot.
* my attempt at doing my own thing professionally succeeded and i'm working very hard to stop waiting for the other shoe to fall, though i think genetics are standing in my way on that front. thanks, mom!
* the new pornographers show at the fonda was insanely great.
* made it to sea ranch twice in one year.
* spent two amazing weeks in europe with the moms. seriously a once-in-a-lifetime opp and a highly recommend it as long as you have a xanax prescription.
* my 37th bday was spent at disneyland with some amazing friends who indulged my need for churros and peter pan rides.
ok, i do feel better, even if that was incredibly self-indulgent. i'll weigh in with more perspectives of the pop cultural variety later when i return to normal.